Sunday, August 14, 2011

Desert costume '11

Sun hat trials and tribulations....I want shade, but my head is too small for this monstrosity. Found some great arm warmers made by Turtle Fur on clearance...not really necessary in the NoCal desert, but I couldn't resist. Don't they look great with my pink camo gaiters, courtesy of Dirty Girl Gaiters?

This year I'm using an REI Flash ultralight 30 backpack. My GoLite Jam from last year gave me too many problems--the foam padding buckled and bowed out from my back the more I cinched the side straps. Although I've seen this happen to many others on the trail, GoLite refused to take it back or fix it. I'm excited to try out REI's competition.

Starting with ladies Adidas Supernova Sequence, size 9.5 wide--I've gone through the drill and decided that I value my toenails enough to wear a shoe 1.5 sizes too large.

New purple running shorts (my signature item on the PCT) by Puma with a nice soft liner inside, and Fit Sok poly stretch cushioned socks were purchased at FitRightNW. Love those guys. Great selection.

Now onto food boxes tonight. Train departs for Dunsmuir, CA at 2:30pm Wednesday PST....more soon.
Sticky

No comments:

Post a Comment